Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wiksten Tank

Are you all ready to get your spring clothes out from the back of the closet and put away the woolens?  Me too!  Last week during all the sunny, spring like weather, I felt like sewing something to wear for the warmer days ahead, so I ordered a new pattern.
This tank top/dress pattern is getting great reviews on a lot of sewing blogs.  It is designed by Jenny Gordy of the popular  Wiksten Tova shirt pattern.  Just the kind of quick and easy pattern I was looking for!  So I rooted around in my cupboard and pulled out a navy and white cotton lawn I was saving from last year and made the tank top.  I love it!
It has a cute little pocket on the front (can't see in these photos) and the back hem is made to hang longer than the front (love that part).  You can also make this as a dress, but since I am vertically challenged petite, I think it might look too overwhelming on me.  We'll see.  Next time I won't cut the neckline as deep either, since this is a bit lower than I'm comfortable with.  I"ll probably need to wear a tank top under this tank top : )
I have a nice grey and yellow floral lined up for the next one, and may use a contrasting fabric for the bias binding.  Since it's folded to the inside and sewn down, it would be cute I think, to see a different fabric peeking out.  I ordered my pattern through Superbuzzy or you can go here.  To see some cute spring pics of the Tova shirt, check out  Film in the Fridge.  Now wouldn't you know it, there is rain scheduled here for a whole week, so I won't be wearing this anytime soon.   Guess I better not put those sweaters away yet!

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, and it will look really cute layered with another tank!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lynne, you r right your tank top dress is cute. And very fashionalbe dress for this spring-summer season. I like it. Thank you very much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I think it'll look great layered--or you could be brave and go all vavoom! ;) Yes, I also am more than ready to ditch the sweaters for a few months. Bring on some warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be able sew like that, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!