Sunday, October 23, 2016
Otherwise here's what I've been up to:
1. More Taryn's blocks were sewn. I can't wait to hand quilt this one.
2. There was some actual weather here this month. It's unusual for us to get any kind of storminess in October, but the rain has been a welcome relief from the dry dusty heat.
3. The herbs I picked back in August are dried and I plan on putting them into little jars and giving some away for Christmas. Need to find some cute labels.
4. I followed a couple of different tutorials for a zippered pouch to make a large project bag and a small notions bag. I used some Japanese fabric from my stash and a floral from Rifle Paper Co.
You can find the instructions at Noodlehead and Jedicraftgirl. I haven't fiddled with zippers in quite a while, but I managed to survive the trauma of installing 2 of them. Now I want to make a few more of these bags as gifts.
5. Just finished reading Uprooted, which was good but just missed being really good by something that I can't put my finger on. Maybe the POV it was written in, or character development, I don't know, but if you've read it I 'd love to hear your thoughts. The yarn is Quince and Co. Osprey in Carrie's Yellow. I'm thinking of adding yarny embroidery to the ends of the scarf I'm making. Not sure how that's going to work on garter stitch, I think stockinette might be better, but it's worth a try.
Until next time!
Monday, October 10, 2016
I'm still working on my nine patch quilt, and a crocheted blanket, but am itching to cast on the next knitting project, which will either be another shawl or a hat. I ordered some yarn to make an Arika too, but maybe I'll wait until it arrives and finish up the quilt first.
The last two pictures are of a notions bag, which is made out of some kind of recycled vinyl, and is virtually indestructible. I love that aqua sewing machine. The fabric was bought at my local fabric store which I just heard is going out of business at the end of the year. That puts the next closest fabric shop about 45 minutes away. Bummer.
Hope you all have a good week. I have NOTHING going on this week, first time in a long time, except an appointment to get the septic tank pumped on Friday, which is kind of crappy hahaha. That's how exciting my life is.