Friday, March 9, 2012

Big Zig

My zigzag quilt is done.  I had to wait for the wind to stop blowing so I could take it outside for a decent picture.  It was still pretty breezy as you can see.

It was snapping in the wind like a ship's sail, and at one point it flew right over my head.  So I stood underneath it and took a picture.
Kind of like a pretty patchwork tent!

It measures 78x78 and was made with Denyse Schmidt fabric from Joann's, along with Kona Snow and Strawberry.   I'm not quite sure how I'm going to quilt this.  I'd like to try free motion quilting, with maybe some kind of meandering loop or squiggle, but I'm not very good at it and I'm thinking all that white fabric is just going to scream "Look at her crappy quilt job!"  I know, once you throw it in the washer and dryer it comes out nice and crinkly and hides a multitude of sins, but I've not done anything this size on my machine without my walking foot.
I guess it's time to pull up my big girl socks and just get to it!  Does anyone have some patience I can borrow?  I'm going to need it.
You can find a tutorial for this quilt at Moda Bakeshop.  It was made by Jeni from In Color Order, a very cute and inspirational blog (and her little bunny George is adorable).  Check it out!

8 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! The "over your head" photo is so beautiful, like stained glass. I say go ahead and free-motion it. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne! This is fabulous!!! I would be afraid to free motion this one!!! I think it would look really awesome with straight quilting following the zig zag! But then again I am a BIG chicken when it comes to free motion :) Happy quilting xoxo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely! Love your windy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely gorgeous! You must be so very pleased with it hon.
    Leah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done such a great job, i love the colours you have used, and it looks so great blowing in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... It's amazing! I will make a quilt. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the brightness when the light shines through it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt -love the chartreuse with the pinks and greys!

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!