I had no clear pattern when I started, but wanted something simple like a patchwork. I mixed it up by adding log cabin blocks to the corners and floral lattice in the center.
Then I trimmed up 4 cuffs and whip stitched them to the top as tabs for hanging (that way they are easy to remove if you want to use it as a quilt and not a wall hanging). Even though the cuffs were different sizes, all I did was move the buttons so they all matched up.
Cut 64, 3.5 inch squares from 5 thrifted men's long sleeved shirts (cutting instructions here) and about 4 fat quarters of floral fabric. Sew your squares into 9 patch blocks. Make 16 of them. They should measure 9.5 inches each.
Make 4 log cabin blocks for the corners. I started with a 3 inch center square and added strips in different widths, and then squared them up to 9.5 inches
Cut 2.5 inch lattice from floral fabric
see picture of quilt front for layout
Finished size 40.5 x 50.5
Machine quilted 1/4 inch from seams, and inside the log cabin blocks.