Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Hexagons

I have gone and started something new *sigh*.  Really, this is all Annette's fault. ( Hi Annette!)  She began making those darn hexagons and I didn't even hesitate.  Just grabbed a scrap of fabric and some paper and the next thing you know I had a pile.  This blog too, was making them, and I have to wonder what took me so long to try this paper piecing thing.  
So far I'm using my vintage sheet stash.  And I couldn't be satisfied with a normal sized hexie,  I had to super size it (like here).  I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with these big ones yet. 
But I did make a little table topper...

I'm going to practice my free motion quilting on this one, and add some hand quilting too.
 And what's a little hexagon making without some crochet?

Love. Making. Hexagons.  Can you tell?

 This will be my last post for a while, since my surgery is right after Easter.  I will still be visiting everyone to see what you're up too!  I'm hoping for an easy recovery with the help of some good drugs my family, and the second season of Downton Abbey on DVD.
 Hope you have a great weekend!
Lynne

8 comments:

  1. Love your hexagons ,they are very addictive ,i love making them and your crochet is lovely too ,good luck with the op and have a happy easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lynne,
    I wish you all the best for your stay in the hospital. Hope you will recover soon.
    your hexies look nice, and I like the crochet ones best.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne. I am loving those large hexies! Did you make the paper yourself or purchase that size? They are so cute and I love your table topper and crochet! Swoon!!
    I hope you recover well from your surgery.
    love and prayers for you. Trish xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck for a quick, healthy recovery. Lots of time for crochet and Downton...oooh my two favourite things at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new Follower. I am working on a hexie project too (for a long time now!), love Downton Abbey!
    Best wishes with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hexies! I love the super-size--looks very modern! I'll be thinking of you this week, and hoping for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh great, have you joined my flickr group??

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!