Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Recovery Blanket

Hi everyone!  I'm back (minus a few parts) and my surgery went well.   This process of healing is very slow, and I can see that I will have to muster up some patience and take it easy.  I have lots of help at home though, and friends have been bringing over meals and flowers.  It's sure nice to be pampered this way!

When I went into the hospital it was raining all week.  Since coming home spring has arrived and it's glorious!  I love sitting outside on the deck chair listening to the birds, wrapped in my new blanket.
I really thought it was going to be my ripple (it's almost done) that would be my blankie of comfort during my recovery.  But I zoomed right through this one and finished it up a few days ago.  Really the title of this post should be  "Crocheting yourself to distraction, while under the influence of narcotic drugs".  I'm surprised it isn't full of mistakes.
It sits on my lap nicely while I'm laying on the couch, and comes outside with me for coffee in the morning.  It's a very agreeable kind of blanket.
I worked on it when I went to the hospital for an outpatient procedure just before my surgery, and I  took it to the hospital when I went back last week.  It has been my constant companion since I came home, just me and blanket, hooking, hooking, hooking, in between dozing on the couch.  We have been through a lot together, this blanket and me.
Here is the recipe for the recovery blanket:

Pattern: Dottie Angel's  Ordinarily Extraordinary Blanket
Yarn:  Patons Canadiana Acrylic
Hook: Size 4.5mm
Joined each row with single crochet.  Border is two rounds of sc, then one round of dc, ch1, dc......

 Time for a nap now.  Toodles.



10 comments:

  1. Hope you are ok and on the mend. I have a part made blanket like that too, can't get my act together to finish it off. Must get on with it soon before it gets too warm to finish off. The colours you have used for this blanket are perfect, right up my street. Now you make sure you don't over do it and make the most of all the help and attention you are getting. Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's soooo lovely! That pattern is comforting to work on, and the result is so cheerful, colorful, happy. So's your yard, while I'm at it--I'll be over in a jiffy...

    I'm glad to see you back here, and hoping you're in the pink. Take it easy, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are on the mend!! Hope you had a lovely nap with your gorgeous blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mrs! Glad to hear everything went well and you are on the mend. Take it easy, let your family wait on you and make the most of it!
    Lovely blanket, I love the colours and well done you for doing so well while under the influence of strong drugs!
    Get well soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lynne, I pray God for you that you are very well now.. I wish you very good happy and healthy days.. Of course you crochet blanket is wonderful. That's a great job.. All best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your surgery is over and you're on the mend.
    I love the crocheted blanket, it's very pretty, and so much in appearance like a quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you are recovering so well and in the sweetest of care from those around you. Your blanket is gorgeous! What a special way to snuggle under and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've been in hospital, but glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.

    Take things easy and enjoy your crafting.

    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blanket. Simple, effective and cheerily colourful. I hope all goes well now you're out of hospital, it sounds like you're being well looked after.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,so glad your feeling better ,i love love love your crochet blanket it looks so warm and snuggly xxx

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!