Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweethearts

This weekend was a flurry of activity and excitement in the ol' sewing room.  It all started when I landed on this blog, and was delighted with her "Little Quilts".   I have the book shown on her post and immediately grabbed mine off the bookshelf, and the fabric started flying. 
I made a lot of Little Quilts when I first started quilting, they were fun and fast and scrappy!  The book came out in 1993, and I think it's popularity is on the rise again (check out Hen House for some of her scrappy small quilts).
Since Valentines day was coming up,  I went with the simple heart quilt pattern.  I used fusible web to attach the hearts, the sewed them down with machine button hole stitch.  It's made entirely from my stash and measures 18 x 21.5.
The soft colors and traditional layout feels sweet and cozy.  The rain and clouds we have today is cozy too, but my camera doesn't like the lack of sunlight.  The pictures are kind of hazy.  Let's call them "dreamy".

However, I decided to make another quilt in more modern fabrics.  Just to see.  So tomorrow I will introduce you to Sweethearts modern sister. . . . . . .

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynne,
    I like your little heart Quilt, it is perfect vor Valentines Day.
    Have a nice day!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!