Sunday, February 26, 2012

Staying on track

I'm trying to be more disciplined about working my way through my projects.  HaHa. That's funny.  This weekend I was tempted with a new crochet bag ( I started it, but ripped it out because I didn't like the color.  I think it just has to be red), a new granny square, ( okay, so I made three and want to keep going) and an apron (cut out the material, but didn't sew it together yet).  So much for discipline.  But I managed to stay somewhat focused.   Therefore, beginning next week, I can sew together my quilt top.
Crochet another row on my Dottie Angel look alike blanket.
And of course continue on my ripple. However, I did finish a WIP from a long time ago.  I mean this thing actually had some dust on it.
It's a table topper pattern that was purchased as a kit from my LFS.  It measures about 23 inches across, and all it needed was a bit more quilting and the binding sewn on. What took me so dang long?  The tea set was a Christmas gift from my daughter a couple of years ago.  I guess I was waiting for the tea set to come along.
Here is the pattern in case you're interested.
Enjoy your week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I have that same crochet bag pattern bookmarked- it's gorgeous, isn't it?
    And I agree, I think it needs to be red!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing and It is very hard to make.. Really good. Also your tea cups are very beautiful and compatible with your table topper.. You are very pleasurable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed that table topper was simply waiting for that black teaset! A Dottie Angel blanket? I must take a look.

    Have a beautiful week starting AND finishing projects!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table topper is so pretty, and I love your ripple!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done lots! I love that Dottie Angel blanket, and you've chosen some gorgeous colours. And I just looked at that bag pattern - another one to add to my favourites!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, awesome projects! I can see why you're unfocused. I agree, the bag needs to be red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hand stitching on your table topper. Lovely! And I am very curious on that patchwork project on top. ♥♥♥ Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is one of my favorite topper patterns. So easy, but beautiful every time.
    I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!