To prepare, I
TUTORIAL FOR PINNING A QUILT:
1. Warm up, stretch, yoga poses, whatever. See above.
2. Mop all dog hair from the floor
3. Yell at the dogs, because when you got up to get your supplies, the dogs laid down in the exact spot where you were going to lay the quilt.
4. Repeat #2 if necessary.
5.Tape quilt backing to the floor, wrong side up
7. Lay your quilt top right side up on your batting. Smooth again, while you admire your clever choice of fabrics.
1. *Squat, reach, pin, stick yourself, ouch, grunt, shift, adjust the squat, pin again, kneel on a pin, swear a little, reach, groan, pin, and so on.
2. Take a break when sweat drips off the end of your nose and onto the quilt.
3. Unfold yourself from the floor and go check the air conditioner, because you swear it isn't working.
4. Sip iced tea. Stand over your quilt and mutter things you don't really mean, like "Why did I start this thing. I should have just got them a Toys R Us gift card."*
Repeat between * and * until all pins are in place, and your legs feel like jello.