Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Yarn(ish)

Thought I would try the Sheep(ish) yarn by Vickie Howell for Caron.  The colors are to die for and it was on sale at Joann's.  It has names like Red(ish), Teal(ish), Yellow(ish).  You get the idea. It's a 70% acrylic, 30% wool blend, that feels very soft.  I started crocheting with it and happened to be wearing black pants at the time.  Wow.  Little fibers everywhere.  Even my nose felt itchy.  If you have to rip out a mistake, those little fibers hook onto each other and you have to RIP it apart.  Enough said.  Did I say the colors were to die for?  And it's really soft?  Since I'm planning on making a granny blanket  inspired by this one,  I guess I'm in for the long haul.  Yarn bought.  Project started(ish). Go get some.

 And project finished.  This is a tumbler quilt that has been sitting in the closet waiting for the binding to be sewn on.  I barely got the last knot tied and daughter #2 whisked it off to her apartment.
 It was made using Pop Garden by Heather Bailey and a plastic template I cut in the tumbler shape.  This has been sitting around for so long, I don't remember where I got the pattern, and I don't know if the fabric is still available.  Who cares, it's finished.

I will end today's post with this thought.  See that bit of quilting up there?  It is almost done.  Almost.  I will blog about it later.  But notice the grannies on top?  Just getting started.  This "one project runs into another" is like chain smoking. (Only healthier I hope.  Maybe not.  If you could see the closet holding my fabric and yarn...)  But it's a happy process.  One that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning.  You eventually finish a project, start another, finish another.  Then someone takes it home to their apartment.  The circle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!