Monday, August 8, 2011

There is some light at the end of the project tunnel

Happy Monday everyone!  Hope you all had a nice summery weekend.  I know the south half of our country is suffering under the heat waves, and I really feel for you.  We usually bake here in the central valley in August, but this year seems to be mild. It's a blessing to leave all the windows open at night and feel the effects of the Delta breeze.  This weekend was very productive for me, the menfolk being off to a two day baseball tournament, and no other plans were made.  I finished up my baby shower gifts well ahead of schedule and now the pressure is gone and I can move on to other yarny things.  Here is the baby quilt done in a simple strip pattern.


The back was pieced with a blue Kona solid from my stash and I used a black and white stripe for the binding.   This is a great pattern to show off fabric you don't want to cut into little pieces.  Just use the width of the fabric and cut them as long as you like.







With the leftover material, I made some baby bibs.  I used a  striped flannel on the back, so they are reversible.  I got the cute pattern over here.

I also finished my half granny shawl, which my daughter graciously agreed to model.  Since she just got a new haircut, it worked out perfect.





I used one skein of madelinetosh merino light with a K hook.  It blocked out very nicely, and I loved it so much I ordered another color.  I could make this again and again!  I have more to show regarding african flower hexagon madness which has got a hold on me, but I will leave you with a suprise from my garden.
Last years morning glory seeds sprouted into my zucchini plant.  I love it when that happens!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, thank you for your kind comment on my blanket. I've just been having a scroll down through your blog and can't believe how productive you are! I love the granny wrap, the yarn you've used looks really nice, and the bibs are cute too. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your African flower crochet, and also the big granny blanket - lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been quite the busy bee I see! The bibs are so cute. I am crocheting a bib for a cousin's baby. Like your fabric ones, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used nice fabrics in the baby blanket and the bibs, and it would have been a pitty to cut into them, they were perfect for the quilt you made.
    I also like your new shawl, it turned out very nice.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!