Sunday, October 23, 2016
October in a nutshell
Otherwise here's what I've been up to:
1. More Taryn's blocks were sewn. I can't wait to hand quilt this one.
2. There was some actual weather here this month. It's unusual for us to get any kind of storminess in October, but the rain has been a welcome relief from the dry dusty heat.
3. The herbs I picked back in August are dried and I plan on putting them into little jars and giving some away for Christmas. Need to find some cute labels.
4. I followed a couple of different tutorials for a zippered pouch to make a large project bag and a small notions bag. I used some Japanese fabric from my stash and a floral from Rifle Paper Co.
You can find the instructions at Noodlehead and Jedicraftgirl. I haven't fiddled with zippers in quite a while, but I managed to survive the trauma of installing 2 of them. Now I want to make a few more of these bags as gifts.
5. Just finished reading Uprooted, which was good but just missed being really good by something that I can't put my finger on. Maybe the POV it was written in, or character development, I don't know, but if you've read it I 'd love to hear your thoughts. The yarn is Quince and Co. Osprey in Carrie's Yellow. I'm thinking of adding yarny embroidery to the ends of the scarf I'm making. Not sure how that's going to work on garter stitch, I think stockinette might be better, but it's worth a try.
Until next time!