Sunday, October 23, 2016

October in a nutshell

 
I need to do a better job coordinating between my blog and Instagram.  A lot has happened this month, and I just realized none of it has been posted here.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen these pictures, therefore you may be excused :)
Otherwise here's what I've been up to:

1. More Taryn's blocks were sewn. I can't wait to hand quilt this one.
2. There was some actual weather here this month.  It's unusual for us to get any kind of storminess in October, but the rain has been a welcome relief from the dry dusty heat.
3. The herbs I picked back in August are dried and I plan on putting them into little jars and giving  some away for Christmas.  Need to find some cute labels.
4. I followed a couple of different tutorials for a zippered pouch to make a large project bag and a small notions bag.  I used some Japanese fabric from my stash and a floral from Rifle Paper Co.
You can find the instructions at Noodlehead and Jedicraftgirl.  I haven't fiddled with zippers in quite a while, but I managed to survive the trauma of installing 2 of them.  Now I want to make a few more of these bags as gifts.
5. Just finished reading Uprooted, which was good but just missed being really good by something that I can't put my finger on. Maybe the POV it was written in, or character development, I don't know, but if you've read it I 'd love to hear your thoughts. The yarn is Quince and Co. Osprey in Carrie's Yellow.  I'm thinking of adding yarny embroidery to the ends of the scarf I'm making.  Not sure how that's going to work on garter stitch, I think stockinette might be better, but it's worth a try.
Until next time!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures Lynne. The project bags are beautiful. I shy away from zips in bags, I always seem to make a mess of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes is doesn't matter if I've seen the photos on IG- they always look better on my laptop anyway! Your yarn looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see all your October projects in one blogpost. I like to see them on instagram but for me it is more interesting to read what you have to say about each one.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the colors and fabrics of your basket blocks. Looking forward to seeing the completed quilt (top). And thank you for the inspiration - I am going to dig out fabrics and make some small zipper bags today. It's time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I think I'm going to love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!