A second South Bay Shawlette, this time in an ombre merino fingering yarn from Two Black Sheep on Etsy. I used an H hook and could not put this down. Each row slowly bled into that darker berry color and I enjoyed it right to the end. I added a final row of picot stitches because I wanted to tease out as much of the darker color possible before I ran out of yarn. Early on I was worried about the colors pooling or looking lopsided like I had spilled my Kool-Aid on it, but it played out beautifully. I gave it a brief soak before blocking, more like a quick dip really, and it bled a little (yikes!) When I rolled it in a towel there was no color transfer so all was right in the universe.
Oh and Meredith finished hers (she's fast!), so go take a look at her gorgeous shawl!
Now that that's done, I can get back to some quilting. I made this top a few weeks ago but haven't got a backing for it yet.
I had this collection of fat quarters (Bari J. for Art Gallery Fabrics I think) sitting around forever, and finally stumbled on a pattern that would suit it. It's basic strip piecing, cutting, then sewing rows. So easy it almost makes itself. Finished size is 54 x 70.
Somehow I ended up with 2 of these patterns. If you would like the extra one (and I will throw in a small stack of 5 inch squares from my stash) leave a comment and I will pick a winner. If you're a no-reply blogger please add your e-mail address. Thanks for visiting!