I spent Sunday playing around with scraps. This piece of linen from an old skirt of mine became a dishtowel. Really, I need to make things like this more often. It was a totally spur of the moment make-it-up-as-you-go kind of thing. I had so much fun I want to make another one.
The patchwork to the right will be a quilt. Eventually. I'm trying to finish some old WIPs first. Meanwhile all my 3 1/2 inch squares are being auditioned on the wall. So far it's looking like another low volume color scheme.
I frayed the edges on the dishtowel by pulling out a few threads, then stay stitched all the way around to keep it from fraying any further. The patchwork was zig zag stitched down on the raw edges. Lastly, I added a bit of hand stitching with embroidery floss, leaving the knots on the front. Kind of Anthropologie meets Zakka.