Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fifty shades of blue


I finished the quilt top for my monthly stash buster challenge.  The color for May is blue, and let me tell you I could have made 3 more like this.  Not just because I love blue, but because I have a crazy amount of blue stash and this quilt didn't even put a dent in it.
Hopefully I can get it quilted and bound this week so I can start the next one.  The color for June is going to be green and I already have little piles of green fabric marching across the floor of the sewing room waiting to be cut up.
One more blue thing.....

This blueberry cobbler was really good.  However the center came out a bit undercooked because I

1. added more blueberries than the recipe called for so the berry-to-batter ratio was off (you'll notice mine doesn't look a thing like hers, however this did not stop the shark-like feeding frenzy that began once this thing cooled.  Forget the fork, just put your face right in it).
2. undercooked it by about 5 minutes because I am scared of my new oven.  It's like I went from driving a Toyota Corolla to a Hummer. And my feet don't reach the petals.
 Must keep practicing.





14 comments:

  1. Daar Lynne,
    you are so fast, already got another quilt top finished. Wonder how you will quilt it, but it will turn out good, I already like it a lot.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blueberry cobbler looks like the perfect practice dish! And your blue stash buster is lovely! I like it in your new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blue quilt! I'm a blue gal. Just love blues of all kinds! Have had in mind to do a 9 patch, 16 patch (not sure which) for quite awhile now. Love the use of the scrap stash! As always - beautiful!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh forgot to ask. What size are your little squares?
    Thanks,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lydia, I cut my squares at 3 1/2 inches, 8 light blue and 8 medium/dark blue. The 16 patch block finished at 12". The white borders are also cut 3 1/2 inches wide. It works out to be a large lap size, 66x66 inches. Have fun sewing!

      Delete
  5. That is a gorgeous quilt! Blue is my most favorite color! Do you sell your quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber. I just make them for the fun of making. Most go to family members or local charity events. Blue is my favorite color too!

      Delete
    2. Ok! Well, I LOVE this one!

      Delete
  6. Love your quilt! My blue scraps are overtaking my sewing room, so This may be my next project. What size are your little squares?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fandabbydozy quilt that is... wish I had the patience these days but it's years since I did patchwork and as you get older your interests/fads/crazes/current passions change. Well mine do anyway! These days it's more reading than I ever did before, and that's saying something, arty stuff like art journalling, learning to draw/colour/paint flowers from the garden, and always some piece of knitting or crochet on the go.
    Found you via Cozy Things, who drives me mad with her productivity!!! But I have copied some of her great ideas, with wool and needles.
    Love the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you are sewing by color AND baking to coordinate! ;-) Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new blogger header photo....the quilt in the breeze reminds me of my childhood. I love the blues........

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you finish your quilts? Machine quilting? In a grid or fee form? Hand uilting? Utility Quilting? Hmmmmmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!