Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Street Faire


Last weekend I went to the Lodi Street Faire with my daughter and sister.  Two weekends a year in May and October, they close off the streets in the center of town, and it's filled with antiques and collectibles, and other crafty type stuff.  We arrived in the morning and started out with coffee and chocolate croissants at the Dancing Fox.  The weather was warm, the shopping was plentiful and the people were interesting.  That little Bulldog puppy was getting a lot of attention, with everyone wanting to take a picture of his cute smooshy face, including me.
Around lunchtime we popped into a cheese shop to taste samples, and came away with a delicious hunk of Dutch Gouda and some salami. We brought it with us into a wine tasting room to rest our feet and drink Mimosas.  We ended up Champagne tasting, and hung out there for quite a while (hiccup). Never did make it to the craft street.

Anyway, I bought those pastel colored pickle dishes, (I want to make a pickle dish quilt
  It's been on my bucket list for a while now), a pink 40's apron, and two small curtain panels of navy and white which will eventually find their way into a quilt.  Speaking of buckets, isn't that little woven bucket bag cute?  That was the first thing I bought, and I carried it around proudly the entire time, loading it up with my goodies. I plan on lining it with some calico and using it for a sewing basket.
 I also bought the colorful rag rug in the second picture.  It was calling to me, or maybe that was the champagne?
And yes, there is a pile of yarn in the picture above.  I've started a big bright ripple.  There are so many colors picked out for this thing, it might get ugly.  Hand quilting a mini is also in the works, so I'm definitely not bored at the moment.

 Go make something!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time!! LOVE the dishes you picked up! Such great colors :-)

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that ladder in the second pic would have come home with me! I really need to hit a yard sale after seeing this : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fleamarkets, in summertime we go to them as often as we can on the weekends. You made great "finds" I like everything you bought.
    I wish you lots of fun with restoring, and using your goodies.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see ten things I would have bought if I'd been with you, and the bulldog in the wagon is one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that rag rug and thought I'd love it, I am so glad you picked it up. Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lynne ....Just so me that market .....an enjoyable day out for sure. I do love that bag and the rug and other bits and pieces I can see there.....tch! Champagne must definitely make it all shine in a very favorable light!!!!

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh mercy, you have been busy! That street faire sure looks like fun! Love those! Your spool quilt is darling! I don't think I would have the patience for one so small! And the shoofly is so pretty. Loved the one with doggin' in photo!!!
    Oh, and I can't wait to see the pond in the garden!!!
    And now...I am heading straight over to see the tute on scrap fabric rag rug. I have the big hook for doing just that, but have not given it a go yet! It was so nice to catch up here today!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!