Monday, October 17, 2011

Awesome October

It's been so pretty outside in the early morning, I just had to get some pictures today. So I grabbed the camera and went for a little walk around the property.


There was a light mist hovering just above the ground, and I could hear quail in the tall grass, as well as meadowlarks, mockingbirds, sparrows and a large hawk in the Oak tree.  I must have looked like a complete dork crouching around in my pajamas with camera in hand and my binoculars banging against my chest.  I was trying not to scare the birds.  The grass was damp and the air smelled like dry oak leaves.  Then, just like that the sun was up and the magic was gone!  What a great way to start my day!

Not much to report on my crafty side, just keeping my head down, trying not to get distracted from my big stuff.  So far these two are running neck and neck......
I'm calling this one "granny wears linen", and I will post more about it later with the particulars.

I'm also appliqueing my Dresden Plate blocks, which is being done by machine, but still taking forever.  Not sure about the red dot sashing, still playing around at this point.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. SO beautiful! Sigh. I want to sit in that Adirondack chair, wrapped in a granny square blanket, sipping a cup of hot cider. And I love your Dresden plate project--that much applique scares the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful morning. I am from Southern California but have been to your area many times and love it there. Your blog and crafting are beautiful! I found you through My 4 Lil Girls and am your newest follower. Can't wait to see your finished products. Nice to meet you, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such lovely photos, atmospheric & beautiful. Love your crafts, i would love to do a dresden plate quilt but i just don't have the courage for it. Yours is amazing
    Lots of love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. For what it's worth, I love the polka dot sashing. It looks fantastic, I would never have the patience for quilting. I also love your crochet, especially with the linen coloured edging. Will look forward to seeing the progress on both projects. x

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!