Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer blanket wrap up- part one

Finished my baby blanket.  Isn't it cute?



Pattern from the book Embroidery Companion by Alicia Paulson.  Her work is awesome as is her blog.  If you haven't been there, you need to check it out!  This blanket was a nice change of pace from the crochet hook, and it really forced me to slow down a bit.  Most of the stitching was done in chain stitch, and I balked a little at the beginning, thinking that it will be too slow.  But as it turned out what I really needed to do was practice my chain stitch because at the beginning it was questionable.  By the last block it was presentable.  By the way,  I don't have a baby to give this to.  It was love at first sight and I just wanted to make it.  Smile.

Summer blanket wrap up- part two will be coming up shortly.  If I don't light it on fire first or throw it in the river in a bag of rocks.  Yes it was that bad.  Here is a peek.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!