Thursday, December 5, 2013

Making and Baking

First, thank for for the comments on my last few posts.  The Internet has finally been fixed (after appointments with 5 different technicians, and me threatening to go over to another provider), and I can now get a handle on my email.  There are responses to your comments floating in the air somewhere, probably hanging out with the lost socks from the dryer.
So now down to the business of making things,
You know you are getting old have been quilting for a long time, when some of the first quilts you made are looking rather "vintage" and worn.  These two quilts are well used, faded and the fabric is falling apart in places.  I just can't throw them away.  So.......
So far I'm making garland, but I can see pillows, Christmas stockings, and gift tags (you can see some made with old quilts here and new fabric over here.)
Yesterday I made some coconut macaroons from this cookbook.  No flour or white sugar.  Shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut sugar (yes there is such a thing!), chocolate chips and vanilla.  That's it! So good.


I'm just starting my decorating.  How about you?


6 comments:

  1. I am here to catch up and can see I have missed quite a lot. Hooray for the darling new puppy!! Luna. Ni love it!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea, the garlands are lovely. I'm planning to put the tree up & decorate this weekend :-)
    Have fun!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, you really cut into that quilt? I don´t think I could have done that, even thought I like what you created.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt bunting might be my new favorite bunting of all time. It is so perfect! You could keep it up year round and enjoy it. What a great idea. We are still decorating, the tree is not up and I am still working on my husband to put up the outside lights. How is miss Luna? Is she adapting to her new family?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea using your "old" quits to make other things! They look great too. I really love that quilt with the bunches of cherries. I've never seen one like that. Very nice. I wouldn't be able to throw that away either! How creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea--there's nothing better than using an old quilt all the way up. It must be good to know they have been used and loved right to pieces.

    Coconut sugar??? Once again, you have rocked my world. If I could get that sugar monkey off my back, I could do anything. I'm trying this.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!