Friday, June 21, 2013

Belle Epoque

After a whirlwind month I've been laying low recharging my inner battery with some quiet crochet time.  I saw a shawl sample made up while in a yarn shop in Pacific Grove and thought it was so lovely.   So I started one in Malabrigo "eggplant", a fingering yarn I had in my stash.

I really love the pattern, but wasn't too crazy about the color, so I put this one on hold and started another in "impressionist sky".  I like the name of this one.

Once I add the contrasting edging, I think they will come alive.  Now it's a race to see which one finishes up first!  I do a little of both each day, enjoying the repeats and the color variations. Grab a hook and try out the Belle Epoque shawl pattern here.  It's not a free one, but worth the price.

9 comments:

  1. It is a very nice pattern and both colours are nice. The darker one is more elegant and the blue one is nice for every day.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's nice to just be quiet. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the crocheting you've been showing. I'm glad your daughter's surgery went well and that you got some sightseeing in too. Plus a yarn store I see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh lovely shawls hon! I haven't popped by for far too long and it's so nice to finally get back to my favourite blogs. I'm sure I have a lot of reading to catch up on so I'd better get cracking with your past posts!!

    Take care,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both colors..I may have to go buy this pattern so pretty. Crochet time is my favorite time to recharge. I have a quilt I must get done in my sewing room but I cant seem to get back to it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they're both very pretty, and that edging definitely will give them both a new look! You must be anxious to get to that part. Glad you are enjoying the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your finished products with the edgings! Just popped over for a look at the pattern...ooooo, how I love that finishing edge! I'm in love with the first one and it's color, although it was probably a bit monotonous while stitching it...but it's fabulous! Hurry and finish! I wanna see what contrasting colors you use! :-). Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see these with the contrast edging! They're going to be stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!