Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Petite log cabin

Yet another scrap quilt from my bottomless pit of a scrap bucket.   It doesn't look like your typical log cabin style quilt, but that's the method I used to construct the blocks.  I squared them up with my 9.5 inch square ruler, added sashing with "points" and a scrappy border.  It measures out at 43x43, which is fine because I already have a gazillion throw size quilts, and it's nice to make one for the fun of it and not worry about the size.  Before the binding was finished, I was already pulling fabrics for the next quilt. It seems my sewing mojo has returned.  I even dusted off the old featherweight.
In between quilts, I'm working on my Farmhouse shawl.  It's a very relaxing knit, nothing too challenging for a newbie knitter like me.  I have this month to finish it up as it doesn't cool down properly here until October and I'm looking forward to wearing it. 



9 comments:

  1. That log cabin quilt looks great, I like the points in the border. Beautiful. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt Lynne! I was admiring it for ages on IG! I love the effect you got around the edges where the border zigzags in and out! Did you use a pattern for the border? It would look great in many settings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The farmhouse shawl is going to be fantastic when finished.The quilt is stunning. I find quilting so hard so when i see such work I admire it a lot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the quilt a lot it is soo pretty (like all the quilts you make), and your knitting looks very nice not like the work of a beginner more like the work of an expert.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt. So inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is very beautiful! Nice work ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy you your knitting for the finished product, but don't think it's my deal, the work.:) Very fun quilt finish! Such an interesting pattern. I too enjoy not worrying about how big a quilt will end up. They seem to tell us when they are done don't they? lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me just about every single time--that quilt is great. And your featherweight has me green with envy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt! And that shawl! I am still looking for my sewing mojo :-(

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thank you for the comments!